Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Trash Night!

Have you ever had someone treat you like trash????

I have, once my sister BT was watching myself and AT. It was summer break so she was stuck with us everyday. She was the WORSE babysitter ever but she was cheap (FREE) and that's my dad's favorite 4-letter word.
Well she was suppose to take us to the public pool(shortly after this my parents had a pool put in). But being that she was lazy she took two large trash can put them on the front porch put us each in one and filled them up with water. We spent the day in those trash cans, she even fed us lunch in there. By the time she let us out (10 minutes before my parents got home from work) we were all prune like (you know wrinkly skinned, like when you would stay in the tub too long when you were little)

But that's not the trash I was talking about!

I'm talking about you try and try to be a good, caring person and yet no matter how much you step up people are always there stepping on you. Well I'm over it I'm over being a door mat and being taken for granted. I just don't understand where along the path in life people forgot "The Golden Rule" treat people how you want to be treated.
Unless of course I'm a total fool and missing the whole point? Maybe people want me to treat them like trash?????

Well that won't work for me because I'm a good person. Maybe at one time it would have, maybe when I was younger and foolish and I believed in and eye for and eye. But now, now I know what it feels like to feel you are being punished for past actions.

See I'm what I like to call an "Infertility Survivor" and for a long time I thought my "Fertility Journey" was given to me as punishment. Then one day after 2 LONG years and 9 WONDERFUL months  I gave birth to the greatest blessing in my life. At that point I realized my journey wasn't a punishment but a growing experience. I was given a chance to know true love and desire, experience unwavering endless friendship, and find myself and my faith. So no I can't treat someone like trash!

All I can do is try and not allow them to break me down or my spirit. Maybe if I try to be there for them then one day they too might have a chance to experience just some of the amazing things I did on my journey. See we are all on a journey some bigger than others some more complex than the next but in the end it's a journey. Its our journey and it's important to us.

So try no to allow yourself to be treated like trash, but more importantly try not to treat others like trash. We might be able to change others, but we can change how they effect us!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment