Friday, January 20, 2012

Graduation!

I remember my first day of school like it was yesterday. I was so excited and all dressed up and "ready" for the world ahead of me (little did I know then, what the world had in store for me). A fresh new adventure I was a "big kid" well a kindergartener but at that time I thought  I was a grown up.

I remember waiting at the bus stop with my mom, and sisters (remember my family makes a "scene" out of everything) and I was so excited. The bus pulled up (mind you we missed the kindergartener bus, so I had to ride the bus with BT and all the older kids). I got on and then fear set in as I watched out the window and say my mom and 2 sisters crying.
I'm not talking a few tears I'm talking your BFF just died tears (I think this is the day I started having panic attacks).
When I got to school I remember I approached my teacher (with tears in my eyes) and said "Why don't It ever get to go home" she asked what I meant. I then informed her how hard my mom was crying and how it had to be because I wasn't ever going to see her again. My teacher then showed me the clock and explained how I would be home before lunch time (it was only 1/2 day). At that point I replied "Oh, good cause I don't want to miss my soap"(All My Children, isn't that what all kids watch?)

Before I knew it the year was over and I was "Graduating" I though that was the biggest day of my life.

Then time past so fast and I was "Graduating" from Elementary school and off to Jr./Sr High School

Time didn't always go by fast then, with all the challenges and drama high school brings. But as luck would have it (Thanks to the amazing Mrs. G) I was walking the stage and "Graduating" high school(the first in my family). I remember thinking that high school was the biggest challenge I ever faced.

But out of all those "Graduations" none meant as much to me as when I "Graduated" from my fertility clinic. I knew I would "graduate" each time if I put in the time and work. But when it comes to infertility you can work nonstop with all your heart. Read every book, accept every challenge and there's still no guarantee you will ever "graduate".

Just like in school you meet many people and make friends along the way. I cherish each and every friendship I made along the way. We will always have a bond, like soldiers we together fought a war that we only hoped and prayed to survive. Every time I hear a fellow "soldier" "graduated" my heart fills with joy.

Today one of my closest friends "graduated" and I couldn't be happier for her. I admirer her strength and determination. She has faced more challenges than anyone I've ever met but yet she never let it stop her. It might have slowed her down but she still found a way to move forward. I know we were meant to meet. It was by chance that we happened to meet each other at our clinic and right away I knew she would be someone who would forever be in my life. I wouldn't have "graduated" with out her and her support, and I feel honored to know my daughter will know a woman as strong as her. I'm honored to not only be her friend but to be apart of her journey to her "Happily Ever After".

So to my dear friend Congratulations on you Graduation, this post is dedicated to you and all the woman in the world who some days feel graduation is far out of reach. As long as you don't give up you will cross that stage, one way or another.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all women who have "graduated" and will "graduate" someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. Graduation day is certainly a special day, and I second your sentiment about our dear friend.

    ReplyDelete