Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Beginings

I remember growing up change was so hard on me. I've always been a sentimental person and that sometimes is my biggest down fall in life. I would always focus on the down side or saddness in a situation. I have since tried to to "over come" this issue.

I find myself now getting ready to start a new journey at my job and you know what they say old habits die hard. I'm so excited for the new challenge and excited for all I am going to learn. But having to leave my friends and my comfort zone is so scary.

I keep thinking about all the memories that of the years in my current job. I not only went through the hardest journey of my life there but I survived it. I met my dearest closest friend there, I reconnected with an old friend there. I worked there when I married the love of my life, I sat at that very desk when I got the greatest phone call of my life telling me we where FINALLY having a baby. My two friends stood there with me as I told my wife. They always cried with me EVERY time I got a no call too (I don't know if I ever told them, or if they even have a clue, but the compassion they showed me that entire two years was amazing. Words alone would never be enough, I might not have made it through without them by my side). I felt our little girl kick sitting at that desk and I was there the day I went into labor. I know it's crazy but that cubical, that desk, and those two friends hold a special place in my heart.

The funny part is I am only moving down two floors but I feel a world of personal change coming my way. I guess in a sense moving on in my job will in a small way help me "move" forward from my last journey. I will never forget the sad journey I traveled to have the joy and blessings I have today but it's okay to start to heal from it.

I don't have a funny Tuna story to share this time. I guess that's just proof that no matter how much we don't always get along we never had to say goodbye to each other either.

1 comment: